Sunday 29 July 2012

Comment on dress not put in proper perspective by some media

Kolkata, Actor-turned Trinamool Congress MLA Chiranjit Chakraborty today sought to play down the controversy created over his statement on women's attire saying it was not put in proper perspective in a section of the media. "I have expressed my personal views to reporters on this for about ten to 15 minutes. But if any media or anybody puts only a line from there, it could mean something different.

Moreover, reaction on that by others has been creating further miscommunication. I never tried to hurt anybody," Chiranjit.

"My statement should be taken in a proper perspective and in totality of what I said yesterday, and not on piecemeal basis to avoid distortion or miscommunication," he said. Chiranjit, who had gone to Barasat police station to enquire into the progress of investigation into an eve-teasing case, yesterday said women should be conscious about what they wear, "as all dresses are not appropriate for everywhere and sometimes some dresses can look provocative. Fashion is always under evolution, but its application should be changed with the time and place to make it more meaningful". I am careful about my constituency (Barasat) and I want peace to prevail there. How can I make any comment that can make controversy. I have also my own status in the profession. What I said is entirely my personal views," Chiranjit said.

No comments:

Post a Comment