Sunday 3 June 2012

Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand



Chennai, Jun 3 Five-time world chess champion Viswanathan Anand today ruled out retiring from the game in the near future and said that he was enjoying his game after beating Boris Gelfand in the "biggest test" in his career.

"There are definitely no thoughts of retirement. In fact quite the opposite. (Winning a fifth world title) has been a huge boost to my morale and I really want to play chess. This is something I have enjoyed. As long as I enjoy, I don't see any reason to retire," Anand said.

"I am still enjoying the game having just defended my title. I am looking forward to playing chess and winning tournaments. I am really happy as you can imagine that I had retained my title this time and this has been my biggest test so far," he told reporters during a felicitation function organised by his long-time sponsors NIIT here.

The 42-year-old Indian defeated Israeli Boris Gelfand in the World Championship match in Moscow a few days ago to successfully defend his world title.

No comments:

Post a Comment