Friday 21 September 2012

Small-time actor attacked for extortion

Mumbai, A small-time actor was today attacked at suburban Juhu by alleged extortionists, who the victim claimed were linked with the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and demanded Rs 15 lakh from him, police said. The actor, Bhupinder Yaduvanshi, also claimed to have heard bullet sound saying the extortionists fired at him in a bid to scare him and get the money, police said. According to police, the complainant said he had been receiving extortion calls from a person, who introduced self as the member of MNS party's cinema wing for the past few weeks and demanded Rs 15 lakh from him.

"I refused to give the money. This afternoon, as I stopped at the signal in my car in Juhu, a group of people in two other vehicles smashed glasses of my car with a bat," said Yaduvanshi. "I also heard a bullet sound," he said adding that "I immediately started my vehicle and drove to the police station to save myself. I have a threat to my life." Juhu police station Senior Inspector Arun Bhagat said that a complaint has been registered based on the version of the victim, who sustained bruises on his hands.

"Only after the probe, we can conclude if the accused were associated with the MNS party or not," the officer added. The actor has worked in the film 'Cigarette ki Tarah', which is set for a release.

More

No comments:

Post a Comment